The question comes up; Black Friday can it be Green? I think it can be more green. Certainly it is one of the most wasteful days of the year in the USA. Millions of wasteful products are handed out, thrown away during this busiest shopping day of the year. Not to mention the carbon dumped into the air by the massive vehicle use sitting in traffic etc. One might ask, how can Black Friday be Green. It can be Greener than it is. Here are a few steps you can take the help Green your Black Friday shopping.
- Empty out your trunk ( lighten your load)
- Take re-usable shopping bags
- Refuse disposable or marketing materials handed out
- Buy Eco friendly or Recycled content products
- Recycle all the bags, paper, cardboard etc.
- Re-use items or re-invent items you don’t use anymore
- Donate instead of trashing
- Shop in one area to avoid excessive driving
- Buy products that have replacement parts
- Buy quality made products that will last
- Buy used if possible, it’s hip and it’s Green!
- Buy charitable gifts such as a goat for a 3rd world family
- Shop local and support handcrafted and local made products
- Buy Organic, eco-friendly products as much as possible
- Hand make your gifts
So many options when it comes to Greening your Black Friday shopping. It’s endless the small steps you can take to save money and help the environment as much as possible. Help keep the millions of tons of waste out of the landfills by taking steps to lessen your carbon footprint. Black Friday can be Green! Shop all of our Organic products www.mypumpkindoodle.com